31) Which of the following is true about enterprise resource planning (ERP)?
A) ERP is a suite of software applications that integrates existing systems by providing layers of software that connect applications together.
B) ERP, though unable to incorporate functions of CRM, includes accounting, manufacturing, inventory, and human resources applications.
C) The layers of ERP software enable existing applications to communicate with each other and to share data.
D) ERP systems are used to forecast sales and to create manufacturing plans and schedules to meet those forecasts.
32) ________ is a suite of software applications that integrates existing systems by providing layers of software that connect applications together.
33) Which of the following is a function of EAI?
A) It is used to forecast sales and to create manufacturing plans and schedules to meet those forecasts.
B) It posts activities in the general ledger and other accounting applications.
C) It consolidates business operations into a single, consistent, computing platform.
D) It enables a gradual move to ERP.
34) Which of the following statements is true of EAI?
A) The process of converting from a current system to an EAI system is a daunting task.
B) The layers of EAI software prevent existing applications from communicating with each other.
C) EAI makes use of a centralized database.
D) EAI leverages existing systems—leaving functional applications as is, but providing an integration layer over the top.
35) When implementing new enterprise systems, the only solution for resolving process issues and providing enterprise process management is ________.
A) communicating the need for the change to the employees
B) developing committees and steering groups
C) establishing clear and absolute contractual guidelines
D) reinforcing employees' sense of self-efficacy
36) ________ is a major task when implementing enterprise systems.
A) Process blueprinting
C) Module development
D) Gap identification
37) Which of the following is true about the challenges of requirements gaps?
A) To specify a gap, an organization must know both what it needs and what the new product does.
B) The first challenge is to find a licensed enterprise product that is a perfect fit for the organization.
C) While identifying the gaps is easy, deciding what to do with them is a major challenge.
D) While resolving gaps, changing the way an organization adapts to a new application is easier than altering an application to match what the organization does.
38) ________ is a person's belief that he or she can be successful at his or her job.